Saturday, March 14, 2009

Things I probably should have known before... but learned recently!

Ok I am sitting in the hospital with my husband's grandfather so he could take his mother and aunt to eat.  Something they both needed to do since they have been pulling around the clock shifts at the hospital.  Here are some things I have recently discovered but should have known before:
1. Did you know that if you are a patient in a hospital and have Alzheimer's the staff requires that someone sit with the patient at all times... who knew and I worked in a hospital?!?!
2. First birthday parties are really fun when the birthday boy or girl is really into the cake and makes a mess.... Cade was not so much into the cake as he was the frosting (which he promptly smeared on the window and windowsill as well as the blanket we had him sitting on.)
3. Working with young children 3-5 years old in special education - they DO NOT know how to cover their mouths and noses..... which despite your best efforts leads to you getting sick.  In my case it was the flu type A (YUCK!)
4. Having lots of make up on makes my face itch especially my eyes!
5. It is difficult to kindly tell someone to suck it up and stick to their guns if it is something important to you.... unless you are my mother (ha ha ha love you mom!!!!).
6. Our dog has become very expensive since the beginning of the year all due to his back end....
7. I will be able to cover all of our deductible for our insurance all on my own at the rate I am going this year.
8. Battling high blood pressure is interesting.... especially when the doctor makes you take meds, stay on a meal plan and exercise plan.  At least I have that under control at the moment and are not headed for a stroke between 35- 45.  So that is awesome.
9.  Nursing is a tough job but if you get a good one you should thank your lucky stars and them while you are at it.
10. Breaking up a full on brawl at a high school is kinda like being a rodeo clown!  Trust me I know.

That is all I have got right now and the nurse has come into take Lance's Pop's vital and I probably should pay attention.

No comments:

The Langners

The Langners
from our honeymoon in mexico